Sunday 6 May 2012

YouTube.

I have been a member of YouTube for a number of years and have used it to watch videos and music as well as help research school topics and easily added videos to my favourite list. YouTube has good and bad points for being used as a learning tool, if monitored and the videos have been previously watched and are a good source to show kids and even adults.
If it is used properly, other students can really benefit from watching a video about a topic that they are currently studying and possibly take more in and concentrate on the subject more.

I think that www.teachertube.com is a great reviewed website, not knowing about this website before I was searching the site and was interested that there were a number of different types of items on it video files as well as audio, documents, photos and channels which are divided up into good subject type categories.


I thought that this slideshow has a lot of good points as to why it is important to let students start using blogs and how that can benefit themselves and their school work. This video would have been better with more footage and information about blogs in general but I think that it is still a good video for younger students to also learn how they can use blogs effectively.

http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.phpvideo_id=838&title=Why_Let_our_Students_Blog_ 

I also thought I would add this video I thought that something like this would be really helpful for younger students learning math, this particular teacher has a couple of these ‘math rap videos’ which I thought were pretty innovative and interesting way to engage students.

I have also uploaded my 'How to' video to YouTube showing How to use the Polytechnic Learnign Centre catalogue to search what the library has in its collection. Here is the link to the video

http://youtu.be/1qFEEtvzvOs and I have also embedded it below.

1 comment:

  1. Must admit that I had never heard of Teacher Tube. I am looking forward to having more of a look.

    ReplyDelete