Monday 16 April 2012

Declicious.

I think the Delicious website is a very useful online tool. I can see how this can help others find reliable information or even a different way of presenting a particular topic. I believe that this can be useful in a library sense that if there are library users who are looking for particular websites, online learning games etc. Delicious could be a good starting point, to see what other people have put onto the website to share with others.

I like the idea that you can save all of your bookmarks externally from your personal computer. This is very useful so if you want to share a website with someone else when you don't have access to your own computer this is a good way to make sure you don't have those limitations.It is also a good way to 'back up' your bookmarks, keeping them online so if you upgrade your computer system or your hard drive is wiped you still have access to your bookmarks.

http://www.delicious.com/dancing.barefoot
On my Delicious page Ive added some links to students blogs, tagging them with Polytechnic Tas, Student blogs etc. I also had some links there that I added last year.

2 comments:

  1. yes, delicious is useful- I have so many bookmarks, I'd hate to lose them! but most are on delicous, so I can retrive them on any computer with an internet connection!

    ReplyDelete